Background & Notable Cases
SaraEllen M. Hutchison is a Seattle-Tacoma consumer lawyer who opened her solo practice in 2010. She is an innovative problem-solver who is passionate about consumer rights and individual liberty.
She is a member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) and a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College (TLC). NACA lawyers are dedicated to consumer rights. TLC graduates are committed to representing the people.
- Boldt v. Quick Collect, Inc., Pierce County, Washington Superior Court Case No. 13-2-14613-0 ($206,218.30 bench verdict against Quick Collect, Inc. under the FDCPA and Washington State Consumer Protection Act)
- Easbey & Hart v. Standley et al, Clark County, Washington Superior Court Case No. 13-2-03133-1 (bench verdict of $50,000 for plaintiff Easbey’s emotional distress under the FDCPA)
- Brandt v. Columbia Credit Services et al, 2:17-cv-703-RSM ($161,752 jury verdict against debt collection attorney Jason Woehler under the FDCPA and Washington State Consumer Protection Act)
- Douglass v. Convergent Outsourcing, 765 F.3d 299 (3rd Cir. 2014) (held that an account number visible through an envelope window violates the FDCPA)
- Fangsrud von Esch v. Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital et al, No. 17-35659 (9th Cir., September 13, 2018) (not for publication) (“One could reasonably determine that Asset violated 15 U.S.C. § 1692e when it attempted to collect more than what was owed, continued to do so after Plaintiffs and their attorney told Asset about the error, and despite having been told of the billing error, improperly threatened a lawsuit without adequate inquiry…On this record, Asset cannot establish as a matter of law a bona fide error defense.”)
She has appeared in U.S. News & World Report, KIRO-7 and other media outlets. SaraEllen graduated cum laude from Georgia State University College of Law in December 2004. Her hobbies include singing, skiing, and travel.
Do You Need an Experienced Consumer Advocate?
Are you here wondering if you have a consumer case? Or, are you a lawyer with clients who have gut-wrenching consumer problems you can’t solve alone? My practice, Law Office of SaraEllen Hutchison, PLLC, takes on select Fair Credit Reporting Act cases, when someone else’s bad debt or criminal history shows up on a credit report or background check, as well as Fair Debt Collection Practices Act cases when the consumer is getting bullied for a debt they do not owe. I can also be your trial counsel on consumer plaintiffs’ cases with significant non-economic damages.
I have a track record of righting wrongs inflicted by sloppy businesses against honest consumers, and getting consumers money in the process, even when they don’t have physical injuries. If you or your client is being bullied or their credit ruined over a debt that isn’t owed, please call me at 206-529-5195.